Human: refer to the skilled workforce in the organization.
Resource: refer to limited availability or scarce.
Management: refer to maximize or proper utilization and make best use of limited and a scarce resource.
Human Resource Management
For any organization to function effectively, it must have resource of men (Human Resource), money, materials and machinery. The resources by themselves cannot fulfill the objectives of an organization, they need to be collected, coordinated and utilized through human resources. And, the effective management of human resources is also vital.
Hence, Human Resource Management (HRM) has emerged as a major function in organisations.Human Resource Management is the organizational function that deals with issues related to people such as, hiring, performance, organization development, communication, administration, and training.
The administrative discipline of hiring and developing employees so that they become more valuable to the organization.
Human Resource management includes:
- planning personnel needs, and
- the right people for the job,
- determining and
- and incentives,
- resolving disputes,
- Communicating with all employees at all levels. Formerly called personnel management.
- Maintaining awareness of and compliance with local, state and federal labor laws.
- These are also called as functions of human resource management for the purpose of effect you utilization of human resource.
Definitions: many great scholars had defined human resource management in different ways and with different words, but the core meaning of the human resource management deals with how to manage people or employees in the organization.
Nature of Human Resource Management:
Human Resource Management involves management functions like planning, organizing, directing and controlling
- It involves procurement, development, maintenance of human resource
- It helps to achieve individual, organizational and social objectives
- Human Resource Management is a multidisciplinary subject. It includes the study of management, psychology, communication, economics and sociology.
- It involves team spirit and team work.
Human Resource Management is the process of recruitment, selection of employee, providing proper orientation and induction, providing proper training and the developing skills, assessment of employee (performance of appraisal), providing proper compensation and benefits, motivating, maintaining proper relations with labor and with trade unions, maintaining employees safety, welfare and health by complying with labor laws of concern state or country.
- Internet sources.
- Human Resource Management by Decenzo and Robbins.
- Human Resource Management by Abdul Awal Khan.
- Other Sources.